Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mod Podge!!!

I think I've been hiding under a rock or something. I have never used Mod Podge before. I know, I know, what is wrong with me right?!?!?! I love it and can't wait to play around with it again!!!
This is a gift I made for a friends daughters birthday. It was so fun to make :)



I started with a chipboard letter and traced it on a piece of scrapbook paper. I used the Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic line for this project.



↑ This is the second letter I cut out because I traced the first on on the wrong side of the paper and as you can see I messed this one up too. Look at the top of the A. There was a boarder on the paper I didn't consider :( That's OK, cuz I just put it down a smidgen high and used sand paper to even out the edges and that part came right off and you can't even tell :)


↓ I made a pinwheel for an embellishment ↓



As you can see, my hubby spray painted the back of it. I screwed in some hardware so she can hang it up.


I didn't get any pics of my applying the Mod Podge :( But here's the finished project as well as some close ups of the embellishments.





What a fun project!!! I am flooded with ideas now of what else I want to Mod Podge :)
Have a great day!! Thanx for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. Mod Pod is fun and I dont use it nearly as often as I should. She's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mod podge!!! What a fun little project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable! Love the pinwheel embellishment!
    ~Katie
    http://starburststudio.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete