Thursday, August 2, 2012

Aunt D's Brownies



This is the best thing you'll ever put in your mouth!!! My Mom called them brownies but they are more like a cake with the best frosting ever!!! This was my Aunt D's recipe, actually my mom's cousin, and this is another recipe that if my mom was alive she would have a come apart knowing I put this out there for the world to see. She did not like sharing her recipes much :) Sorry mom but it's way too good to keep to myself.

Brownie Ingredients:

2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Sticks Butter
4 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1 cup Water
1 tsp Vanilla 2 Eggs
1/2 cup Buttermilk

Directions:

Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. In a med sauce pan, bring to a boil butter, cocoa powder, and water. Pour this over dry ingredients and stir well. Add vanilla, eggs, and buttermilk. Stir well and pour into well greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350ยบ for 15/20 min.

** Let brownies cool before frosting**

Frosting Ingredients:


1 Stick of Butter
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1 lb Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
5-6 Tbs Buttermilk

Melt all this on stove on med heat until it starts to bubble, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour immediately onto cooled brownies.

I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does. I made them for my hubby's B-day recently. Always a hit. I even texted a pic to my sister Tammy to make her jealous. :) I stole my mom's recipe book from her awhile back so she doesn't have any of these recipes. ha ha. She'll just have to follow my blog to get it huh! Love ya Tammy!!!

Have a great day my friends!!!



2 comments: