Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Linguine with Asparagus, Parmesan, and Bacon

By far, my FAVORITE dinner meal!!


This is a recipe I got from my Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2007 cook book. It is so delicious and not too bad for you either. 360 calories for a 2 cup serving with 2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese isn't too bad for a dinner meal.
The light sauce is perfect with the fresh linguine. I love the flavor the bacon gives as well.
It comes together very fast so be prepared. 20 minutes is all.


I'm a more is always better kind of gal. I used more asparagus and bacon than it calls for so my calorie intake is more but you can follow the recipe and have a healthier meal :)


See here. Lots of asparagus. It calls for 1 lb but I didn't weigh it. I just picked up  2 bunches and used all of it!



You start off boiling a large pot of water and cooking the linguine according to package directions throwing in the asparagus in with it. Drain and set aside.



This is the brand I use. It says to cook it for 2 - 3 min is all.



Next, cook up 4 strips of bacon (I cooked up 6). Drain bacon grease, leaving 2 tsp in pan. Cool bacon and crumble.


Here's the next group of ingredients. From top left, chicken broth, lemon juice and oregano. From bottom left, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 onion, 2 cloves garlic.


Add onion, garlic, and oregano to pan with bacon drippings and saute for 4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add tomatoes and saute for 2 more min.


Add broth and bring to boil, then add 1 Tbs butter, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and remove from heat.


 Place asparagus mixture in a large bowl, add tomato mixture and lemon juice, tossing well.


Top with bacon and Parmesan.

My hubby always needs more protein than any recipe calls for so I cooked up some chicken breasts for him to throw on top. He loves this dish and so do my boys. Very family friendly and so fast to prepare, it's great for busy mom's.

So good and good for you!!! I hope you all enjoy this!!
Here is a link to the recipe from My Recipes

Have a great day and thanx for stopping by!!!!


3 comments: