Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Surprise Snow Day

Been working with my February Scraptastic Club kit and loving it. (I know I always say that) This kit was made for me I think. It's called Mr. Big Stuff and is full of boy stuff. Perfect for the pics of my boys.
 
This isn't the first layout I've done with this kit but I wanted to get it up on the blog because I used the sketch from the March Sketch Challenge over at Life Paper Scrapbook. and I want to link it up to their blog asap.
 
 
I am so enjoying sketches lately. I find it's a great starting point for me. I have a tendency to sit there for awhile trying to figure out which direction I wanna go and a sketch really jump starts it for me.
 
 
Like I said above, this kit was made for me. The October Afternoon Daily Flash All Boy Cooties paper matched Colton's jacket so well I knew I had to use it. I wasn't planning on it but it ended up being sort of a monochromatic layout. Love that teal color.
 
 

I really enjoyed all the layering. I'm kinda struggling with my layering lately. I feel like it's taking the focus off my photos but this sketch had the layers just popping out slightly and I love it!
 
 
Top cluster. Love how Jessica matches different lines for these kits and they always go so good together!!
 
Thanx for stopping by and enjoy your scraps!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so nice and bright! Always fun to have an unexpected snow day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! Love the soft colors and wonderful little clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great layout.
    I love the colours and the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! The touch of yellow is a great pop of colour for a snow day layout. Thanks for joining us at LPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. We are sharing this layout on our FB page today, thanks again for joining in the fun.

      Delete
  5. awesome layout, like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! I love your layering! Thank you playing along at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout!! It is completely awesome and such a great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with LifePaperScrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful ! The papers are perfect for the photo.

    ReplyDelete